Thursday, January 8, 2009

Starting Strength Day 2

I had to miss the MetCon I planned on doing yesterday due to personal reasons. Luckily I had to go
to the station today anyway, so I knocked out my workout this morning.

HSPU Challenge Day 8 - 8 consecutive HSPU

CFWUx2

Squat - 45#x5x3, 65#x5x2, 85#x5, 95#x5, 135#x5, 165#x5x3
Bench - 45#x5x2, 65#x5, 85#x5, 95#x5, 135#x5, 155#x5, 165#x5x3
Good Morning - 45#x10x3
Heavy Pull-up - +30#x5x3

I'm continuing to do the standard CrossFit warm-up for now, because it works well to get my body significantly warm to start my warm-up sets.

I'm a little intrigued at how imbalanced my body is right now...squatting as much as I bench, but pulling a significant amount more than both. It will eventually even itself out, since I'll get stronger on the squat much faster than I will on the bench, and my pull strength will be the slowest to develop (it's taken me years to get to the point I'm at now...to the detriment of the areas I used to neglect). I just wish I could do the gallon of milk a day, since that would produce optimum results...

Tomorrow will be either a 3/4 Angie or 150 burpees for time, depending on how much time I'll have for it, plus a yoga workout in the evening.

No comments: